Flawless native English
I offer consecutive interpreting in the following language pairs:
- Mandarin Chinese ↔ English
- Mandarin Chinese ↔ French
In addition to serving local clients in the Montr�al area, I also travel throughout Canada and around the world to interpret at trade shows, business meetings, and legal proceedings.
Book my services today for the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics!
I have more than fifteen years’ experience of interpreting in business, legal, and medical settings. I have also earned top marks in interpreting courses and passed the test on ethics required of interpreters in the Minnesota (US) state courts. In addition, the Provincial Nominee Program in Prince Edward Island allows me to interpret in its immigration proceedings.
As a professional interpreter, I take my ethical responsibilities seriously. These include
- Faithfulness to the speaker. I interpret everything that is said in the way in which it is said, including offensive words and private comments. I interpret as accurately as possible.
- Confidentiality. To earn your trust, I keep in strict confidence all information that arises during the course of an assignment. For this reason, I do not disclose the identities of my clients.
- Neutrality. Maintaining professional distance allows me to do my job well. I will not favour any party or assume the r�le of advocate.
- Independence. I refrain from interjecting opinions or giving advice. Ideally you will not even notice my presence.
- Professionalism. I dress appropriately for assignments and behave with courtesy, dignity, and tact at all times. My business practices reflect my fairness and integrity.